Our unique analysis of the bills Hurt has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hurt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hurt for more statistics.
Robert Hurt sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Hurt sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hurt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5424: Investment Advisers Modernization Act of 2016
- H.Res. 585: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding an Interstate 73 corridor ...
- H.R. 3434: Commonsense Permitting for Job Creation Act of 2015
- H.R. 3122: VALOR Act of 2015
- H.R. 2929: Supporting Home Owner Rights Enforcement Act
- H.R. 2354: Streamlining Excessive and Costly Regulations Review Act
- H.R. 1965: Small Company Disclosure Simplification Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hurt’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.Con.Res. 55: Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove United States Armed Forces ...
Jun 17, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Hurt missed 108 of 4,129 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: