Our unique analysis of the bills Kerrey sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kerrey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kerrey sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Taxation (13%) Commerce (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%)
Some of Kerrey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3229 (106th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow ...
- S. 3200 (106th): Social Security KidSave Accounts Act
- S.Res. 363 (106th): A resolution commending the late Ernest Burgess, M.D., for his service to ...
- S. 2895 (106th): A bill to redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
- S. 2704 (106th): Missouri River Valley Improvement Act
- S. 2616 (106th): A bill for the relief of Luis A. Gonzalez and Virginia Aguilla ...
- S. 2555 (106th): Mortgage Cancellation Relief Act of 2000
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Dec 2000, Kerrey missed 153 of 4,115 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: