Lagomarsino is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lagomarsino sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 1987 to Oct 9, 1992. See full analysis methodology.
Lagomarsino was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2556 (102nd): Entitled “Los Padres Condor Range and River Protection Act”.
- H.J.Res. 233 (102nd): Designating September 20, 1991, as “National POW/MIA Recognition Day”, and authorizing display of the National League of Families POW/MIA flag.
- H.J.Res. 276 (102nd): To designate “National Parks Week”.
- H.R. 2214 (101st): To ratify certain agreements relating to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
- H.R. 1373 (101st): To authorize the Agency for International Development to pay the expenses of an election observer mission for the 1989 presidential elections in Panama.
- H.R. 2477 (96th): A bill for the relief of Jesus Reveles y Rivera.
- H.R. 589 (94th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to provide relief to the Santa Ynez River Conservation District due to delivery of water to the Santa ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lagomarsino sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (25%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Environmental Protection (15%) International Affairs (15%) Families (7%) Energy (6%) Water Resources Development (6%) Housing and Community Development (6%)
Some of Lagomarsino’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6006 (102nd): National Park System Reformation Act
- H.R. 4709 (102nd): Housing Improvement Act for Land Management Agencies
- H.R. 4708 (102nd): Housing Improvement Act for Land Management Agencies
- H.R. 4690 (102nd): America the Beautiful Passport Act of 1991
- H.J.Res. 449 (102nd): Designating the month of November 1992 as “Dyslexia Awareness Month”.
- H.J.Res. 448 (102nd): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit ...
- H.R. 4496 (102nd): To acquire additional land for Channel Islands National Park, and for other ...
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1992, Lagomarsino missed 624 of 10,503 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is on par with the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills