Read our 2018 Report Card for Latta.
Latta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Latta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert Latta sits on the following committees:
Latta was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4227 (115th): Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018
- H.R. 4881: Precision Agriculture Connectivity Act of 2018
- H.R. 4284: INFO Act
- H.R. 4925 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 West Main Cross Street, in Findlay, Ohio, as the “Michael Garver Oxley Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 3929 (114th): Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 212 (114th): To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to provide for the assessment and management of the risk of algal toxins in drinking water, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2271 (114th): Critical Electric Infrastructure Protection Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Latta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Latta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1006: To amend title I of the Communications Act of 1934 to provide for ...
- H.R. 908: Stop Penalizing Working Seniors Act
- H.R. 751: No Vote, No Raise Act
- H.R. 749: Veterans Right to Expediency Act
- H.R. 671: Protecting the Dignity of Unborn Children Act of 2019
- H.Res. 39: Expressing support for the designation of March 2, 2019, as “Gold Star Families ...
- H.R. 521: Permanently Repeal the Estate Tax Act of 2019
|Latta’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 8 (112th): American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
Jan 1, 2013. Passed 257/167.
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (Pub.L. 112–240, H.R. 8, 126 Stat. 2313, enacted January 2, 2013) was passed by the United States Congress on January 1, 2013, and was signed into law by US President Barack Obama the next day. The Act centers ...
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Dec 2007 to Feb 2019, Latta missed 37 of 7,802 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: