Latta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Latta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Robert Latta sits on the following committees:
Latta was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1002: DEBAR Act of 2021
- H.R. 2151: Hire Veteran Health Heroes Act of 2021
- H.R. 4227 (115th): Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018
- H.R. 4881 (115th): Precision Agriculture Connectivity Act of 2018
- H.R. 4284 (115th): INFO Act
- H.R. 4925 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 West Main Cross Street, in Findlay, Ohio, as the “Michael Garver Oxley Memorial Post …
- H.R. 3929 (114th): Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
Does 13 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Latta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (22%) Science, Technology, Communications (20%) Health (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Taxation (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (3%) Commerce (3%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Latta recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1274: Of inquiry directing the President to provide certain documents in the President’s possession …
- H.R. 7598: Robocall Trace Back Enhancement Act
- H.R. 7403: NO RUSSIA Act of 2022
- H.R. 6886: PADE Act
- H.R. 5845: SMART Energy Efficiency Standards Act
- H.R. 5627: Health Care Workforce Protection from Mandates Act
- H.R. 5563: Stop Penalizing Working Seniors Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Dec 2007 to Nov 2022, Latta missed 39 of 9,589 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: