Read our 2017 Report Card for Latta.
Latta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Latta has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert Latta sits on the following committees:
Latta was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4925 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 West Main Cross Street, in Findlay, Ohio, as the “Michael Garver Oxley Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 3929 (114th): Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 212 (114th): To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to provide for the assessment and management of the risk of algal toxins in drinking water, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2271 (114th): Critical Electric Infrastructure Protection Act
- H.R. 5705 (113th): Propane Education and Research Enhancement Act of 2014
- H.R. 5161 (113th): E-LABEL Act
- H.R. 724 (113th): To amend the Clean Air Act to remove the requirement for dealer certification of new light-duty motor vehicles.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Latta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (28%) Environmental Protection (22%) Energy (18%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Animals (4%) Commerce (3%) Taxation (3%)
Some of Latta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5333: Over-the-Counter Monograph Safety, Innovation, and Reform Act of 2018
- H.R. 5239: Cyber Sense Act of 2018
- H.R. 5095: Veterans Cancer Treatment Flexibility Act of 2018
- H.Con.Res. 106: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall for a ceremony to present the Congressional ...
- H.Res. 737: Expressing support for the designation of March 2, 2018, as “Gold Star Families ...
- H.R. 4881: Precision Agriculture Connectivity Act of 2018
- H.Res. 691: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that any infrastructure legislation to ...
|Latta’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 8 (112th): American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
Jan 1, 2013. Passed 257/167.
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (Pub.L. 112–240, H.R. 8, 126 Stat. 2313, enacted January 2, 2013) was passed by the United States Congress on January 1, 2013, and was signed into law by President Barack Obama the next day. The Act centers on ...
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Dec 2007 to Apr 2018, Latta missed 37 of 7,362 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: