Read our 2019 Report Card for Latta.
Latta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Latta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert Latta sits on the following committees:
Latta was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4227 (115th): Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018
- H.R. 4881 (115th): Precision Agriculture Connectivity Act of 2018
- H.R. 4284 (115th): INFO Act
- H.R. 4925 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 West Main Cross Street, in Findlay, Ohio, as the “Michael Garver Oxley Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 3929 (114th): Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 212 (114th): To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to provide for the assessment and management of the risk of algal toxins in drinking water, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2271 (114th): Critical Electric Infrastructure Protection Act
Does 11 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Latta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (26%) Energy (18%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Health (12%) Environmental Protection (8%) Taxation (8%) Commerce (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Latta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8350: SELF DRIVE Act
- H.R. 8283: TREAT Act
- H.R. 7972: Rural Connectivity Advancement Program Act of 2020
- H.R. 7814: Nuclear Prosperity and Security Act
- H.R. 7362: WIRELESS Leadership Act
- H.R. 7147: CRISIS Act
- H.R. 6943: Advancing Unmanned Delivery Services Act
From Dec 2007 to Nov 2020, Latta missed 38 of 8,643 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: