Read our 2018 Report Card for Latta.
Latta is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Latta has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert Latta sits on the following committees:
Latta was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4227 (115th): Vehicular Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018
- H.R. 4881: Precision Agriculture Connectivity Act of 2018
- H.R. 4284: INFO Act
- H.R. 4925 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 West Main Cross Street, in Findlay, Ohio, as the “Michael Garver Oxley Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 3929 (114th): Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 212 (114th): To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to provide for the assessment and management of the risk of algal toxins in drinking water, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2271 (114th): Critical Electric Infrastructure Protection Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Latta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Latta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2644: SMART IoT Act
- H.R. 2643: Broadband MAPS Act of 2019
- H.R. 2386: STOP Robocalls Act
- H.R. 2104: Energy Star Program Integrity Act
- H.R. 2106: To amend section 100905 of title 54, United States Code, to direct the ...
- H.R. 2105: Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Advisory Committee Act of 2019
- H.Res. 269: Expressing support for the designation of March 2, 2020, as “Gold Star Families ...
From Dec 2007 to Jun 2019, Latta missed 37 of 8,129 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: