Read our 2016 Report Card for Latta.
Our unique analysis of the bills Latta has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Latta is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Robert Latta sits on the following committees:
Latta was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4925: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 West Main Cross Street, in Findlay, Ohio, as the “Michael Garver Oxley Memorial Post Office ...
- H.R. 3929: Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 212: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to provide for the assessment and management of the risk of algal toxins in drinking water, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5705 (113th): Propane Education and Research Enhancement Act of 2014
- H.R. 724 (113th): To amend the Clean Air Act to remove the requirement for dealer certification of new light-duty motor vehicles.
- H.R. 1622 (112th): Spectrum Innovation Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Latta sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (24%) Environmental Protection (24%) Energy (18%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Animals (4%) Government Operations and Politics (4%) Taxation (4%)
Some of Latta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 53: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that in order to continue ...
- H.R. 557: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to reform the Federal Communications Commission ...
- H.R. 451: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the estate tax ...
- H.R. 6418: Drinking Water Affordability Act of 2016
- H.Res. 740: Congratulating Dr. and Mrs. David and Valerie Hodge on a successful 10-year tenure ...
- H.R. 4979: Advanced Nuclear Technology Development Act of 2016
- H.R. 4925: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 229 ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Latta’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 8 (112th): American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
Jan 1, 2013. Passed 257/167.
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (Pub.L. 112–240, H.R. 8, 126 Stat. 2313, enacted January 2, 2013) was passed by the United States Congress on January 1, 2013, and was signed into law by President Barack Obama the next day. The Act centers on ...
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 3999 (110th): National Highway Bridge Reconstruction and Inspection Act of 2008
Jul 24, 2008. Passed 367/55.
From Dec 2007 to Jan 2017, Latta missed 37 of 6,564 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: