Read our 2016 Report Card for Menéndez.
Our unique analysis of the bills Menéndez has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Menéndez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Robert “Bob” Menéndez sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Finance
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
Menéndez was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3083 (114th): Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016
- S. 1683 (113th): A bill to provide for the transfer of naval vessels to certain foreign recipients, and for other purposes.
- S. 2142 (113th): Venezuela Defense of Human Rights and Civil Society Act of 2014
- S. 2124 (113th): Support for the Sovereignty, Integrity, Democracy, and Economic Stability of Ukraine Act of 2014
- S. 1901 (113th): Support for United States-Republic of Korea Civil Nuclear Cooperation Act
- S. 1545 (113th): PEPFAR Stewardship and Oversight Act of 2013
- S. 793 (113th): Organization of American States Revitalization and Reform Act of 2013
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Menéndez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Menéndez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 81: A resolution recognizing the 196th anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating ...
- S.Res. 78: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate recognizing 3 years of Russian ...
- S. 484: U.S. Territories Investor Protection Act of 2017
- S. 433: A bill for the relief of Malachy McAllister, Nicola McAllister, and Sean Ryan ...
- S. 382: Firefighter Cancer Registry Act of 2017
- S. 377: Trafficking In Persons Report Integrity Act
- S. 246: Campus Fire Safety Education Act of 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Menéndez’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
S. 1789 (112th): 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2012
Apr 25, 2012. Bill Passed 62/37.
H.R. 3606 (112th): Jumpstart Our Business Startups
Mar 22, 2012. Bill Passed 73/26.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 2, 2011. Motion Agreed to 74/26.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
From Jan 2006 to Mar 2017, Menéndez missed 64 of 3,373 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: