Our unique analysis of the bills Menéndez has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Menéndez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Menéndez for more statistics.
Robert “Bob” Menéndez sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
Menéndez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Menéndez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3264: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the ...
- S. 3257: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently modify ...
- S. 3266: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from ...
- S. 3265: A bill to improve rail passenger safety by prohibiting individuals convicted of driving ...
- S. 3178: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to permit ...
- S. 3165: A bill to amend the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 to require oil ...
- S. 3163: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require oil ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2006 to Jul 2016, Menéndez missed 64 of 3,248 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: