Our unique analysis of the bills Menéndez has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Menéndez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Menéndez for more statistics.
Robert “Bob” Menéndez sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
Menéndez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Menéndez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 574: A resolution recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrating the heritage and culture of ...
- S. 3362: Campus Fire Safety Education Act of 2016
- S. 3343: Child and Elderly Missing Alert Program Act of 2016
- S.Res. 565: A resolution designating the week beginning September 12, 2016, as “National Hispanic-Serving Institutions ...
- S. 3314: Smithsonian American Latino Museum Act
- S. 3264: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the ...
- S. 3257: Municipal Bond Market Support Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2006 to Sep 2016, Menéndez missed 64 of 3,259 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: