Pittenger was the representative for North Carolina’s 9th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Pittenger.
Pittenger is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pittenger sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Pittenger was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2148 (115th): Clarifying Commercial Real Estate Loans
- H.R. 1427 (115th): To require the Secretary of Commerce to study the coverage gaps of the Next Generation Weather Radar of the National Weather Service and to develop a plan …
- H.R. 3627 (113th): Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act of 2013
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pittenger sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Pittenger recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5841 (115th): Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2018
- H.R. 5663 (115th): Make Sanctuary Cities Pay for the Wall Act of 2018
- H.R. 4757 (115th): Fully Informed District Bank Act
- H.R. 4452 (115th): Right to Lend Act of 2017
- H.Con.Res. 94 (115th): Recognizing the opening of the nonsectarian Museum of the Bible in Washington, …
- H.Con.Res. 93 (115th): Recognizing the opening of the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C., …
- H.R. 4311 (115th): Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2017
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2018, Pittenger missed 174 of 3,739 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: