2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Portman »
Our unique analysis of the bills Portman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Portman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Robert “Rob” Portman sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Finance
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Growth
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Some of Portman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 765: A bill to appropriately determine the budgetary effects of energy savings performance contracts ...
- S. 749: Honest Scoring Act of 2015
- S. 720: Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2015
- S. 656: Ensuring a Better Response for Victims of Child Sex Trafficking
- S. 646: Medical Evaluation Parity for Servicemembers Act of 2015
- S. 629: Making the Education of Nurses Dependable for Schools Act
- S. 566: Tropical Forest Conservation Reauthorization Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2015, Portman missed 21 of 1,278 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Concurrent Resolution Agreed to 52/46
Sen. Portman [R-OH]: YeaMar 27, 2015 3:19 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 50/48
Sen. Portman [R-OH]: NayMar 27, 2015 3:04 a.m.
Amendment Rejected 47/51
Sen. Portman [R-OH]: NayMar 27, 2015 2:55 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 54/44
Sen. Portman [R-OH]: YeaMar 27, 2015 2:46 a.m.