Read our 2018 Report Card for Scott.
Scott is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert “Bobby” Scott sits on the following committees:
Scott was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1242 (115th): 400 Years of African-American History Commission Act
- H.R. 1447 (113th): Death in Custody Reporting Act of 2013
- H.R. 6412 (111th): Access to Criminal History Records for State Sentencing Commissions Act of 2010
- H.R. 5350 (110th): To authorize the Secretary of Commerce to sell or exchange certain National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration property located in Norfolk, Virginia, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5284 (106th): To designate the United States customhouse located at 101 East Main Street in Norfolk, Virginia, as the “Owen B. Pickett United States Customhouse”.
- H.R. 1513 (103rd): To designate the United States courthouse located at 10th and Main Streets in Richmond, Virginia, as the “Lewis F. Powell, Jr. United States Courthouse”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2851: Fairness and Accuracy in Employment Background Checks Act of 2019
- H.R. 2574: Equity and Inclusion Enforcement Act
- H.R. 2474: Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2019
- H.Res. 194: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on Education and Labor in ...
- H.R. 1364: Child Care for Working Families Act
- H.R. 1230: Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act
- H.R. 1097: Justice Safety Valve Act of 2019
From Jan 1993 to Jun 2019, Scott missed 270 of 17,525 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: