Read our 2020 Report Card for Scott.
Scott is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 2, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert “Bobby” Scott sits on the following committees:
Scott was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.J.Res. 33: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission relating to “Update of Commission’s …
- H.R. 6220 (116th): Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- H.R. 5800 (116th): Ban Surprise Billing Act
- H.R. 4967 (116th): Chesapeake Watershed Investments for Landscape Defense Act of 2019
- H.R. 934 (116th): Health Benefits for Miners Act of 2019
- H.R. 1242 (115th): 400 Years of African-American History Commission Act
- H.R. 1447 (113th): Death in Custody Reporting Act of 2013
Does 11 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5891: RISE Act
- H.R. 5262: Enhancing Military Base Resilience And Conserving Ecosystems through Stormwater Management Act
- H.R. 4583: Supporting Positive Outcomes After Release Act
- H.R. 4403: Opening Doors for Youth Act of 2021
- H.R. 3951: To amend the 400 Years of African-American History Commission Act to extend the …
- H.R. 2999: Direct CARE Opportunity Act
- H.R. 2817: Child Care for Working Families Act
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2021, Scott missed 274 of 18,525 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: