Our unique analysis of the bills Simmons sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Simmons is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Simmons’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6017 (109th): War on Terror Wounded Heroes’ Bill of Rights Act
- H.R. 6018 (109th): To provide temporary duty reductions for certain cotton fabrics, and for other ...
- H.R. 5885 (109th): Eightmile Wild and Scenic River Act
- H.R. 5752 (109th): Mentoring Matches for Youth Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 444 (109th): Extending the appreciation of Congress and the Nation to the Department of ...
- H.R. 5160 (109th): Long Island Sound Stewardship Act of 2006
- H.Res. 768 (109th): Congratulating Geno Auriemma, the University of Connecticut women’s basketball head coach, upon ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2006, Simmons missed 102 of 3,431 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: