Sen. Robert “Bob” Smith
Former Senator from New Hampshire
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||New Hampshire's 1st District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Smith sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Smith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2886 (107th): Houses of Worship Political Speech Protection Act
- S. 2813 (107th): Water Quality Investment Act of 2002
- S. 2815 (107th): Clear Skies Act of 2002
- S.Res. 297 (107th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that pet owners should ...
- S.Res. 290 (107th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the designation of ...
- S.Res. 288 (107th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that New Hampshire residents ...
- S. 2575 (107th): American Land Sovereignty Protection Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Nov 2002, Smith missed 39 of 4,110 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills