Sen. Robert Torricelli
Former Senator from New Jersey
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||New Jersey's 9th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Torricelli sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Torricelli is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Torricelli’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2991 (107th): A bill for the relief of Sharif Kesbeh, Asmaa Sharif Kesbeh, Batool ...
- S.Con.Res. 139 (107th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that there should be ...
- S. 2923 (107th): Infertility Research Centers Act of 2002
- S. 2851 (107th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase ...
- S. 2871 (107th): Act to Save America’s Forests
- S. 2852 (107th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide ...
- S. 2856 (107th): Colombian Temporary Protected Status Act of 2002
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Nov 2002, Torricelli missed 83 of 1,917 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills