Turner was the representative for New York’s 9th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
Turner is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Turner sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Turner sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Turner’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 776 (112th): Recognizing and commemorating the importance of Federal law enforcement officers to United ...
- H.R. 6355 (112th): To amend the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 to include the ...
- H.R. 5958 (112th): To name the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge Visitor Contact Station of the ...
- H.Res. 646 (112th): Expressing the sense of the House that Village Voice Media Holdings, LLC ...
- H.R. 4075 (112th): Tax and Education Assistance for Children (TEACH) Act of 2012
- H.R. 4070 (112th): To clarify certain provisions relating to the interests of Iran in certain ...
- H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
|Turner’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6621 (112th): To correct and improve certain provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act and title 35, United States ...
Dec 18, 2012. Passed 308/89.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1254 (112th): Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2011
Dec 8, 2011. Passed 317/98.
H.R. 822 (112th): National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011
Nov 16, 2011. Passed 272/154.
From Sep 2011 to Jan 2013, Turner missed 25 of 900 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: