Our unique analysis of the bills Underwood sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Underwood is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Underwood was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 308 (107th): Guam War Claims Review Commission Act
- H.R. 309 (107th): Guam Foreign Investment Equity Act
- H.R. 3756 (106th): To establish a standard time zone for Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2462 (106th): Guam Omnibus Opportunities Act
- H.R. 2370 (105th): Guam Organic Act Amendments of 1998
- H.R. 1460 (105th): To allow for election of the Delegate from Guam by other than separate ballot, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2476 (105th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to require the National Transportation Safety Board and individual foreign air carriers to address the needs of families of passengers ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Underwood sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (35%) International Affairs (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Law (11%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Health (7%) Social Welfare (6%) Education (6%)
Some of Underwood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4825 (107th): To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to authorize grants for ...
- H.R. 3157 (107th): Rediscover America Act of 2001
- H.R. 3128 (107th): To authorize the establishment of a National Guard of the Northern Mariana ...
- H.Con.Res. 215 (107th): Expressing the sense of Congress that a series of postage stamps should ...
- H.R. 2826 (107th): To increase the waiver requirement for certain local matching requirements for grants ...
- H.R. 2428 (107th): Insular Areas Oversight Avoidance Act
- H.R. 1977 (107th): Northern Marianas Delegate Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: