Wexler, a Democrat, was the representative for Florida's 19th congressional district from 1997 to 2009.
Wexler is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wexler sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Wexler was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1722 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 601 Banyan Trail in Boca Raton, Florida, as the “Leonard W. Herman Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wexler sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (19%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Law (14%) Health (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Wexler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2742 (111th): To authorize the extension of nondiscriminatory treatment (normal trade relations treatment) to ...
- H.R. 2536 (111th): Emergency Nursing Supply Relief Act
- H.R. 1977 (111th): Drywall Safety Act of 2009
- H.R. 1863 (111th): Social Security Forever Act of 2009
- H.R. 1832 (111th): Medicare Prescription Drug Affordability Act of 2009
- H.Con.Res. 89 (111th): Supporting the goals and objectives of the Prague Conference on Holocaust Era ...
- H.Con.Res. 74 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of a decade of action for road ...
|Wexler’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4213 (111th): Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010
Dec 9, 2009. Passed 241/181.
H.R. 6275 (110th): Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008
Jun 25, 2008. Passed 233/189.
H.R. 5140 (110th): Economic Stimulus Act of 2008
Jan 29, 2008. Passed 385/35.
We advise you to take any letters you receive regarding this bill and payment notifications skeptically. Keep in mind that frauds can look very official. Contact your own lender if you have questions. (Some individuals are receiving letters that include a link to this page. ...
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2009, Wexler missed 712 of 8,699 roll call votes, which is 8.2%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2009. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: