Our unique analysis of the bills Wise sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wise is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Wise’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4651 (106th): To amend the Social Security Act to provide additional safeguards for beneficiaries ...
- H.R. 3765 (106th): Health Insurance Liability Recovery Protection Act of 2000
- H.R. 3666 (106th): Social Security Benefit Restoration Act of 2000
- H.R. 3507 (106th): Coal Miners’ Unemployment Assistance Act of 1999
- H.R. 3062 (106th): Coal Miner Environmental Impact Assistance Act of 1999
- H.R. 1589 (106th): To amend the Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act of 1994 ...
- H.R. 810 (106th): To establish drawback for imports of N-cyclohexyl-2-benzothiazolesulfenamide based on exports of N-tert-Butyl-2-benzothiazolesulfenamide.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Dec 2000, Wise missed 620 of 9,428 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is much worse than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills