Read our 2018 Report Card for Wittman.
Wittman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wittman has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 25, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robert Wittman sits on the following committees:
Wittman was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 984: Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2017
- H.R. 1206 (113th): Permanent Electronic Duck Stamp Act of 2013
- H.R. 3433 (111th): To amend the North American Wetlands Conservation Act to establish requirements regarding payment of the non-Federal share of the costs of wetlands conservation projects in Canada that ...
- H.R. 7031 (110th): To designate a portion of the Rappahannock River in the State of Virginia as the “John W. Warner Rapids”.
- H.R. 5489 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6892 Main Street in Gloucester, Virginia, as the “Congresswoman Jo Ann S. Davis Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wittman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (32%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Health (11%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Water Resources Development (11%) Education (5%) Science, Technology, Communications (5%)
Some of Wittman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2886: Veterans Affairs Transfer of Information and Sharing of Disability Examination Procedures With DOD ...
- H.R. 2885: Veterans Collaboration Act
- H.R. 2884: Veteran’s Choice Accountability Act
- H.R. 2658: Commercial Fishing and Seafood Business Act of 2019
- H.Res. 353: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that public servants should be ...
- H.R. 1747: National Fish Habitat Conservation Through Partnerships Act
- H.R. 1577: VA Procurement Efficiency and Transparency Act
From Dec 2007 to Jun 2019, Wittman missed 94 of 8,139 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: