Read our 2016 Report Card for Wittman.
Our unique analysis of the bills Wittman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wittman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Robert Wittman sits on the following committees:
Wittman was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1206 (113th): Permanent Electronic Duck Stamp Act of 2013
- H.R. 3433 (111th): To amend the North American Wetlands Conservation Act to establish requirements regarding payment of the non-Federal share of the costs of wetlands conservation projects in Canada that ...
- H.R. 7031 (110th): To designate a portion of the Rappahannock River in the State of Virginia as the “John W. Warner Rapids”.
- H.R. 6273 (110th): Responsible Highway Investment Act of 2008
- H.R. 5489 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6892 Main Street in Gloucester, Virginia, as the “Congresswoman Jo Ann S. Davis Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wittman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Water Resources Development (16%) Health (9%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Animals (6%) Native Americans (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Wittman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1798: Veterans Collaboration Act
- H.R. 1797: Veteran’s Choice Accountability Act
- H.R. 1799: Veterans Affairs Transfer of Information and sharing of Disability Examination Procedures with DOD ...
- H.R. 1663: Water Resources Research Amendments Act
- H.R. 1099: North American Wetlands Conservation Extension Act
- H.R. 984: Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2017
- H.R. 779: International Conflicts of Concern Act
|Wittman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Dec 2007 to May 2017, Wittman missed 80 of 6,775 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: