Kelly is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kelly has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 1, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Robin Kelly sits on the following committees:
Kelly was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4387: Maternal Health Quality Improvement Act of 2021
- H.R. 1503 (116th): Orange Book Transparency Act of 2020
- H.R. 1668 (116th): IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act of 2020
- H.R. 7747 (116th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to submit to Congress an annual report on the Solid Start program of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for …
- H.R. 6244 (116th): To amend titles XVIII and XIX to provide for coverage at no cost sharing of COVID-19 testing under the Medicaid program and Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- H.R. 1449 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3033 203rd Street in Olympia Fields, Illinois, as the “Captain Robert L. Martin Post Office”.
- H.R. 2422 (115th): Action for Dental Health Act of 2018
Does 8 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kelly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Kelly recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1144: Expressing support for the designation of June 3, 2022, as “National Gun Violence …
- H.R. 7845: NIH Clinical Trial Diversity Act of 2022
- H.R. 7585: Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2022
- H.R. 6268: Protect Black Women and Girls Act of 2021
- H.R. 6225: Federal Firearm Licensee Act
- H.R. 6108: Community College to Career Fund in Higher Education Act
- H.R. 5313: Reese’s Law
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Apr 2013 to Jun 2022, Kelly missed 178 of 5,344 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: