Read our 2019 Report Card for Kelly.
Kelly is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kelly has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 1, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Robin Kelly sits on the following committees:
Kelly was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6244: To amend titles XVIII and XIX to provide for coverage at no cost sharing of COVID-19 testing under the Medicaid program and Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- H.R. 1449: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3033 203rd Street in Olympia Fields, Illinois, as the “Captain Robert L. Martin Post Office”.
- H.R. 2422: Action for Dental Health Act of 2018
- H.R. 2331 (115th): Connected Government Act
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kelly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7078: To study the effects of changes to telehealth under the Medicare and Medicaid ...
- H.R. 7077: To establish or expand programs to improve health equity regarding COVID-19 and reduce ...
- H.Res. 977: Expressing support for the designation of June 5, 2020, as “National Gun Violence ...
- H.R. 6763: COVID-19 Racial and Ethnic Disparities Task Force Act of 2020
- H.R. 6584: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide for a ...
- H.R. 6585: Equitable Data Collection and Disclosure on COVID-19 Act
- H.R. 6318: Urban Progress Act of 2020
From Apr 2013 to May 2020, Kelly missed 174 of 4,458 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: