Our unique analysis of the bills Blum has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blum is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Blum for more statistics.
Rod Blum sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Information Technology
Blum sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Blum’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5914: To repeal the Act entitled “An Act to confer jurisdiction on the State ...
- H.R. 5818: Mandated Expenses Tax Relief Act
- H.R. 4639: Thoroughly Investigating Retaliation Against Whistleblowers Act
- H.R. 4605: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 615 ...
- H.R. 4476: Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 4299: Patient Opportunity Protection Act of 2015
- H.R. 3955: Small Municipality Flood Relief Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Blum missed 17 of 1,259 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: