Read our 2018 Report Card for Davis.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rodney Davis sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on House Administration
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
Davis was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5935 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1355 North Meridian Road in Harristown, Illinois, as the “Logan S. Palmer Post Office”.
- H.R. 5071: Agricultural Research Advisory Board Improvement Act
- H.R. 22 (114th): FAST Act
- H.R. 1707 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 302 East Green Street in Champaign, Illinois, as the “James R. Burgess Jr. Post Office ...
- H.R. 2383 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri, and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge”.
- H.R. 420 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Memorial Bridge”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (34%) Education (15%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Social Welfare (13%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Health (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (4%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3412: To protect the administration of Federal elections against cybersecurity threats.
- H.R. 3065: Fallen Heroes Family Travel Act of 2019
- H.R. 2234: Jonny Wade Pediatric Cancer Research Act
- H.R. 1842: GAP Act
- H.R. 1774: LEAP Act
- H.Res. 158: Encouraging people in the United States to recognize Friday, March 1, 2019, as ...
- H.R. 66: Route 66 Centennial Commission Act
From Jan 2013 to Jun 2019, Davis missed 115 of 4,153 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: