Read our 2017 Report Card for Davis.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rodney Davis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on House Administration
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Davis was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 22 (114th): FAST Act
- H.R. 1707 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 302 East Green Street in Champaign, Illinois, as the “James R. Burgess Jr. Post Office ...
- H.R. 2383 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri, and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge”.
- H.R. 420 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Memorial Bridge”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6760: Protecting Family and Small Business Tax Cuts Act of 2018
- H.R. 5935: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1355 ...
- H.R. 5848: Fallen Heroes Family Travel Act of 2018
- H.R. 5396: GAP Act
- H.R. 5219: Opioid Prescription Verification Act of 2018
- H.Res. 753: Encouraging people in the United States to recognize March 2, 2018, as Read ...
- H.R. 5071: Agricultural Research Advisory Board Improvement Act
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 140: A bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund.
Jan 10, 2018. Passed 239/173.
The Rules Committee Print includes the text of S. 140, to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund, S. 249, a bill to provide that the pueblo of Santa ...
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed 217/205.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 5699 (113th): John Muir National Historic Site Expansion Act
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 361/39.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 624 (113th): Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
Apr 18, 2013. Passed 288/127.
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA H.R. 3523 (112th Congress), H.R. 624 (113th Congress), H.R. 234 (114th Congress)) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and technology and ...
H.R. 297 (113th): Children’s Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2013
Feb 4, 2013. Passed 352/50.
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2018, Davis missed 97 of 3,638 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: