Read our 2018 Report Card for Davis.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Apr 22, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rodney Davis sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on House Administration
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
Davis was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5935 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1355 North Meridian Road in Harristown, Illinois, as the “Logan S. Palmer Post Office”.
- H.R. 5071: Agricultural Research Advisory Board Improvement Act
- H.R. 22 (114th): FAST Act
- H.R. 1707 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 302 East Green Street in Champaign, Illinois, as the “James R. Burgess Jr. Post Office ...
- H.R. 2383 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri, and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge”.
- H.R. 420 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Memorial Bridge”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (33%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Education (15%) Social Welfare (12%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Health (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (4%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2234: Jonny Wade Pediatric Cancer Research Act
- H.R. 1842: GAP Act
- H.R. 1774: LEAP Act
- H.Res. 158: Encouraging people in the United States to recognize Friday, March 1, 2019, as ...
- H.R. 66: Route 66 Centennial Commission Act
- H.R. 142: Social Security Disability Fairness Act of 2019
- H.R. 141: Social Security Fairness Act of 2019
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1585: Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019
Apr 4, 2019. Passed 263/158.
H.R. 267: Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019
Jan 10, 2019. Passed 244/180.
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
S. 140: A bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund.
Jan 10, 2018. Passed 239/173.
The Rules Committee Print includes the text of S. 140, to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund, S. 249, a bill to provide that the pueblo of Santa ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 5699 (113th): John Muir National Historic Site Expansion Act
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 361/39.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 624 (113th): Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
Apr 18, 2013. Passed 288/127.
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA H.R. 3523 (112th Congress), H.R. 624 (113th Congress), H.R. 234 (114th Congress)) was a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and technology and ...
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2019, Davis missed 104 of 3,906 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: