Read our 2016 Report Card for Davis.
Our unique analysis of the bills Davis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rodney Davis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on House Administration
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Davis was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 22 (114th): FAST Act
- H.R. 1707 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 302 East Green Street in Champaign, Illinois, as the “James R. Burgess Jr. Post Office ...
- H.R. 2383 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri, and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge”.
- H.R. 420 (113th): To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri and southwestern Illinois as the “Stan Musial Memorial Bridge”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2492: Protecting Taxpayers From Corruption Act
- H.R. 2399: LEAP Act
- H.R. 2269: Federal Refrigerant Management and Stewardship Act of 2017
- H.R. 2237: Social Security Disability Fairness Act of 2017
- H.R. 2162: End Government Shutdowns Act
- H.R. 1930: Federal Refrigerant Management and Stewardship Act of 2017
- H.R. 1665: Disaster Declaration Improvement Act
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 66: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to savings arrangements established by States for non-governmental employees.
Feb 15, 2017. Passed 231/193.
H.J.Res. 66 disapproves and nullifies the rule issued by the Department of Labor on August 30, 2016, establishing a “safe harbor” from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act for government-run IRAs managed by states for private sector workers. Under the final rule, states will not ...
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed 217/205.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 5699 (113th): John Muir National Historic Site Expansion Act
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 361/39.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 624 (113th): Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
Apr 18, 2013. Passed 288/127.
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA H.R. 3523 (112th Congress), H.R. 624 (113th Congress), H.R. 234 (114th Congress)) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and technology and ...
H.R. 297 (113th): Children’s Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2013
Feb 4, 2013. Passed 352/50.
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2017, Davis missed 90 of 3,058 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: