Read our 2017 Report Card for Frelinghuysen.
Frelinghuysen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Frelinghuysen has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rodney Frelinghuysen sits on the following committees:
Frelinghuysen was the primary sponsor of 15 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1301: Continuing Appropriations Amendments Act, 2018
- H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, and for ...
- H.J.Res. 123: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2018, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4008: Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act of 2017
- H.R. 3672: Making supplemental appropriations for disaster relief requirements for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2017.
- H.J.Res. 99: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2017, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2685 (114th): Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Frelinghuysen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Frelinghuysen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 116: Providing for a correction in the enrollment of H.R. 1625.
- H.Con.Res. 104: Providing for a correction in the enrollment of H.R. 1892.
- H.J.Res. 128: Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018
- H.Con.Res. 100: Providing for a correction in the enrollment of H.R. 195.
- H.J.Res. 125: Making an extension of continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2018, and for other ...
- H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for ...
- H.J.Res. 124: Making further additional continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2018, and for other purposes.
|Frelinghuysen’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2: Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018
May 18, 2018. Failed 198/213.
H.R. 2 amends and extends major programs for income support, food and nutrition, land conservation, trade promotion, rural development, research, forestry, horticulture, and other miscellaneous programs administered by the Department of Agriculture (USDA) for five years through 2023. The bill is budget neutral and $112 ...
H.R. 620: ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
Feb 15, 2018. Passed 225/192.
A bill which just passed the House would update the law for disabled Americans for modern times, say Republicans. Democrats say it would set disabled Americans’ civil rights back decades. #### Context The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, more commonly called the ADA, was ...
H.R. 2874: 21st Century Flood Reform Act
Nov 14, 2017. Passed 237/189.
H.R. 2874 reauthorizes the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) for five years, introduces private market competition, and provides programmatic reform to help policyholders. An amendment in the nature of a substitute combines the amended text of H.R. 2874 with six additional Financial Services Committee reported ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3408 (112th): PIONEERS Act
Feb 16, 2012. Passed 237/187.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 6532 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway Trust Fund balance.
Jul 23, 2008. Passed 387/37.
From Jan 1995 to Jun 2018, Frelinghuysen missed 281 of 15,816 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: