Sen. Roger Wicker
Senator from Mississippi
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Mississippi's 1st District|
2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Wicker »
Our unique analysis of the bills Wicker has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wicker is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Roger Wicker sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Some of Wicker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 611: A bill to amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to reauthorize technical assistance ...
- S. 582: A bill to prohibit taxpayer funded abortions.
- S. 143: United States Merchant Marine Academy Improvements Act of 2015
- S. 2983: U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Improvement Act of 2014
- S. 2886: A bill to award posthumously a Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to James Chaney, ...
- S. 2829: Financial Regulatory Clarity Act of 2014
- S. 2769: A bill to ensure appropriate judicial review of Federal Government actions by amending ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2008 to Mar 2015, Wicker missed 53 of 2,122 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Sen. Wicker [R-MS]: YeaMar 4, 2015 11:38 a.m.
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Sen. Wicker [R-MS]: YeaMar 3, 2015 2:18 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Wicker [R-MS]: Not VotingMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.