Read our 2016 Report Card for Wicker.
Our unique analysis of the bills Wicker has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wicker is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Roger Wicker sits on the following committees:
Wicker was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 764 (114th): A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
- S. 2328 (114th): PROMESA
- S. 611 (114th): Grassroots Rural and Small Community Water Systems Assistance Act
- S. 1626 (114th): Railroad Reform, Enhancement, and Efficiency Act
- S. 363 (112th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of Commerce to convey property of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to the City of Pascagoula, Mississippi, and for other ...
- H.R. 5360 (108th): American History and Civics Education Act of 2004
- H.R. 712 (108th): For the relief of Richi James Lesley.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Wicker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Health (15%) Law (15%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Social Welfare (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (10%) International Affairs (10%)
Some of Wicker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 184: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2017
- S. 168: Commercial Vessel Incidental Discharge Act
- S. 129: National Sea Grant College Program Amendments Act of 2017
- S. 3500 (114th): A bill to require the appropriate Federal banking agencies to treat certain ...
- S.Res. 613 (114th): A resolution recognizing the 50th anniversary of North Mississippi Rural Legal Services ...
- S.Res. 589 (114th): A resolution honoring the 50th anniversary of Reformed Theological Seminary.
- S. 3218 (114th): Reaching Underserved Rural Areas to Lead on Telehealth Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Wicker’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 3121 (110th): Flood Insurance Reform and Modernization Act of 2007
Sep 27, 2007. Passed 263/146.
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 2317 (110th): Lobbying Transparency Act of 2007
May 24, 2007. Passed 382/37.
H.R. 1227 (110th): Gulf Coast Hurricane Housing Recovery Act of 2007
Mar 21, 2007. Passed 302/125.
From Jan 2008 to Feb 2017, Wicker missed 61 of 2,628 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: