Read our 2017 Report Card for Wicker.
Wicker is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wicker has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Roger Wicker sits on the following committees:
- Chair, Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chair, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Wicker was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 764 (114th): A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
- S. 2328 (114th): PROMESA
- S. 611 (114th): Grassroots Rural and Small Community Water Systems Assistance Act
- S. 1626 (114th): Railroad Reform, Enhancement, and Efficiency Act
- S. 738 (113th): Permanent Electronic Duck Stamp Act of 2013
- S. 363 (112th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of Commerce to convey property of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to the City of Pascagoula, Mississippi, and for other ...
- H.R. 5360 (108th): American History and Civics Education Act of 2004
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wicker sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (20%) Health (17%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) International Affairs (11%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Law (9%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Wicker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2416: National Guard and Reserves Benefits Parity Act
- S. 2343: Precision Agriculture Connectivity Act of 2018
- S. 2242: COASTAL Implementation Act of 2017
- S. 2234: IOT Consumer TIPS Act of 2017
- S.Res. 351: A resolution recognizing the bicentennial of the State of Mississippi on December 10, ...
- S. 2091: Small Business Surcharge Relief Act
- S. 2090: MEMA Act of 2017
|Wicker’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
S. 2328: National Sea Grant College Program Amendments Act of 2015
Jun 29, 2016. Motion Agreed to 68/30.
The Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA) —designated as Pub.L. 114–187 and originally as H.R. 5278— is a federal law enacted by the United States Congress that establishes an oversight board, a process for restructuring debt, and expedited procedures for approving critical ...
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 30, 2015. Motion Agreed to 64/35.
This vote was on the bill in its final form as the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3121 (110th): Flood Insurance Reform and Modernization Act of 2007
Sep 27, 2007. Passed 263/146.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 2317 (110th): Lobbying Transparency Act of 2007
May 24, 2007. Passed 382/37.
From Jan 2008 to Feb 2018, Wicker missed 62 of 2,917 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: