Our unique analysis of the bills Williams has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Williams is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Williams for more statistics.
Roger Williams sits on the following committees:
Williams sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Williams’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5907: To preserve competition among mortgage lenders, provide relief from unnecessary regulatory requirements on ...
- H.Res. 838: Expressing support for designation of April 11 as “National Pet Adoption Day” and ...
- H.R. 5660: Retail Checking Account Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5527: CFPB Rule Accountability Act of 2016
- H.R. 5301: Seller Finance Enhancement Act
- H.Res. 533: Expressing disapproval of the President’s plan to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees.
- H.R. 4077: Medicare Established Provider Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Williams missed 113 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: