Rep. Roger Zion
Former Representative for Indiana’s 8th District
Zion was the representative for Indiana’s 8th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1967 to 1974.
Zion is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Zion sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1973 to Dec 20, 1974. See full analysis methodology.
Zion sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Zion recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 17665 (93rd): Local Education Accountability Act
- H.R. 15743 (93rd): A bill to authorize the repayment of certain Federal-aid highway funds by …
- H.R. 15455 (93rd): A bill to authorize the repayment of certain Federal-aid highway funds by …
- H.Res. 580 (93rd): A resolution directing the Committee on the Judiciary to conduct an investigation …
- H.R. 6875 (93rd): A bill to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to establish orderly …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1974, Zion missed 146 of 2,648 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is better than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills