Our unique analysis of the bills Mazzoli sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mazzoli is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mazzoli was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 783 (103rd): Immigration and Nationality Technical Corrections Act of 1994
- H.R. 2128 (103rd): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to authorize appropriations for refugee assistance for fiscal years 1993 and 1994.
- H.R. 3049 (102nd): Miscellaneous and Technical Immigration and Naturalization Amendments of 1991
- H.R. 1452 (99th): Refugee Assistance Extension Act of 1986
- H.J.Res. 655 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the month of October 1986 as “National Spina Bifida Month”.
- H.J.Res. 179 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the month of October 1985 as “National Spina Bifida Month”.
- H.R. 5164 (98th): Central Intelligence Agency Information Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Mazzoli sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mazzoli’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 533 (103rd): To provide for the concurrence of the House to the amendment of ...
- H.R. 4413 (103rd): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to make permanent the visa ...
- H.Res. 400 (103rd): Expressing the condolences of the House on the death of Representative William ...
- H.R. 4176 (103rd): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to authorize appropriations for refugee ...
- H.R. 3362 (103rd): Employer Sanctions Improvement Act of 1993
- H.R. 3363 (103rd): Immigration Enforcement and Asylum Reform Act of 1993
- H.R. 2602 (103rd): Immigration Enforcement and Asylum Reform Act of 1993
From Jan 1971 to Nov 1994, Mazzoli missed 505 of 12,321 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is on par with the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills