Read our 2016 Report Card for DeSantis.
Our unique analysis of the bills DeSantis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DeSantis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ron DeSantis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on the Judiciary
DeSantis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DeSantis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 499: To require members of Congress and congressional staff to abide by the Patient ...
- H.R. 322: To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide for the termination of ...
- H.J.Res. 6: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the ...
- H.R. 6241: Reciprocity Ensures Streamlined Use of Lifesaving Treatments Act of 2016
- H.Res. 775: Recognizing the impact of Sister Cities International and expressing support for the designation ...
- H.R. 5218: Targeting Child Predators Act of 2016
- H.J.Res. 89: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|DeSantis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2017, DeSantis missed 36 of 2,588 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: