Our unique analysis of the bills DeSantis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DeSantis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for DeSantis for more statistics.
Ron DeSantis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on the Judiciary
DeSantis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DeSantis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 775: Recognizing the impact of Sister Cities International and expressing support for the designation ...
- H.R. 5218: Targeting Child Predators Act of 2016
- H.J.Res. 89: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to the ...
- H.R. 4764: Puppies Assisting Wounded Servicemembers (PAWS) Act of 2016
- H.R. 4448: State Sanctions Against Iranian Terrorism Act
- H.R. 4143: Terrorist Refugee Infiltration Prevention Act of 2015
- H.R. 2716: Transportation Empowerment Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, DeSantis missed 28 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: