Read our 2018 Report Card for Estes.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ron Estes sits on the following committees:
Estes was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3383 (115th): To designate the flood control project in Sedgwick County, Kansas, commonly known as the Wichita-Valley Center Flood Control Project, as the “M.S. ‘Mitch’ Mitchell Floodway”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Estes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Estes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2985: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to clarify that payment of ...
- H.R. 1818: Kelsey Smith Act
- H.R. 7278 (115th): To amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
- H.R. 5584: Wichita Project Equus Beds Division Authorization Extension Act
- H.R. 5489: Hope Act
- H.R. 5204: Andrew T. Finch Memorial Act of 2018
- H.R. 5099: Enhancing DHS’ Fusion Center Technical Assistance Program Act
From Apr 2017 to Jun 2019, Estes missed 13 of 1,355 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: