Read our 2018 Report Card for Estes.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ron Estes sits on the following committees:
Estes was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3383 (115th): To designate the flood control project in Sedgwick County, Kansas, commonly known as the Wichita-Valley Center Flood Control Project, as the “M.S. ‘Mitch’ Mitchell Floodway”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Estes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Estes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1818: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to require providers of a covered ...
- H.R. 7278 (115th): To amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974.
- H.R. 5584: Wichita Project Equus Beds Division Authorization Extension Act
- H.R. 5489: Hope Act
- H.R. 5204: Andrew T. Finch Memorial Act of 2018
- H.R. 5099: Enhancing DHS’ Fusion Center Technical Assistance Program Act
- H.R. 4559: Global Aviation System Security Reform Act of 2017
|Estes’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 3823: Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017
Sep 25, 2017. Failed 245/171.
The bill reauthorizes the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for six months, provides certain tax benefits for victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, reauthorizes certain expiring health programs, and includes provisions to increase the availability of private flood insurance for individuals in flood zones. Federal ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Apr 2017 to Mar 2019, Estes missed 12 of 1,113 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: