Read our 2018 Report Card for Kind.
Kind is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kind has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ron Kind sits on the following committees:
Kind was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1222: Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act
- H.R. 1903 (114th): To amend the Tariff Act of 1930 to eliminate the consumptive demand exception to prohibition on importation of goods made with convict labor, forced labor, or indentured ...
- H.R. 3863 (112th): Fair Military Leave Act
- H.R. 5552 (111th): Firearms Excise Tax Improvement Act of 2010
- H.R. 6580 (110th): Hubbard Act
- H.R. 6640 (110th): Fair Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2008
- H.R. 5212 (106th): Veterans’ Oral History Project Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kind sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (37%) Health (15%) Education (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Animals (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) Government Operations and Politics (7%)
Some of Kind’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2746: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for an exclusion ...
- H.R. 2593: To require the Secretary of the Treasury to collect data and issue a ...
- H.R. 2594: Rural Access to Hospice Act of 2019
- H.R. 2485: Federal Land Asset Inventory Reform Act of 2019
- H.R. 2498: PACT Act
- H.R. 2484: Tribal Tax and Investment Reform Act of 2019
- H.R. 2258: Promotion and Expansion of Private Employee Ownership Act of 2019
From Jan 1997 to May 2019, Kind missed 474 of 14,925 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: