Read our 2018 Report Card for Kind.
Kind is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kind has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ron Kind sits on the following committees:
Kind was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1222: Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act
- H.R. 1903 (114th): To amend the Tariff Act of 1930 to eliminate the consumptive demand exception to prohibition on importation of goods made with convict labor, forced labor, or indentured ...
- H.R. 3863 (112th): Fair Military Leave Act
- H.R. 5552 (111th): Firearms Excise Tax Improvement Act of 2010
- H.R. 6580 (110th): Hubbard Act
- H.R. 6640 (110th): Fair Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2008
- H.R. 5212 (106th): Veterans’ Oral History Project Act
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kind sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (37%) Health (21%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Animals (8%) Education (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%) Government Operations and Politics (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Kind’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4632: Better Transparency in Information for Medicare Beneficiaries Act of 2019
- H.R. 4487: Codifying Useful Regulatory Definitions Act
- H.R. 4117: IRA Preservation Act of 2019
- H.R. 3744: Agriculture Environmental Stewardship Act of 2019
- H.R. 3425: Advancing Medical Resident Training in Community Hospitals Act of 2019
- H.R. 2891: Physical Activities Recommendations for Americans Act of 2019
- H.R. 2746: Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Enhancement Act
From Jan 1997 to Oct 2019, Kind missed 484 of 15,275 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: