Read our 2020 Report Card for Kind.
Kind is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kind has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 30, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ron Kind sits on the following committees:
Kind was the primary sponsor of 16 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1885: RUSH Protection Act of 2021
- H.R. 5534 (116th): Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2020
- H.R. 6214 (116th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for coverage of testing for COVID-19 at no cost sharing under the Medicare Advantage program.
- H.R. 1922 (116th): Restoring Access to Medication Act of 2019
- H.R. 3425 (116th): Advancing Medical Resident Training in Community Hospitals Act of 2019
- H.R. 1222 (116th): Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act
- H.R. 2594 (116th): Rural Access to Hospice Act of 2019
Does 16 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kind sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kind’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4911: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to eliminate a provision ...
- H.R. 4831: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the deductibility ...
- H.R. 4652: To provide competitive grants for training court reporters and closed captioners to meet ...
- H.R. 4522: Uniting Families Act of 2021
- H.R. 4269: Dairy Pricing and Policy Commission Act of 2021
- H.R. 4141: Promotion and Expansion of Private Employee Ownership Act of 2021
- H.R. 4054: Tribal Tax and Investment Reform Act of 2021
From Jan 1997 to Jul 2021, Kind missed 505 of 15,916 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: