Klein was the representative for Florida’s 22nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2007 to 2010.
Klein is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Klein sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Klein was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 6338 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4233 West Hillsboro Boulevard in Coconut Creek, Florida, as the “Army SPC Daniel Agami Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Klein sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (19%) Social Welfare (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Education (12%) Families (9%) Sports and Recreation (7%)
Some of Klein’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1751 (111th): Mourning the loss of life and expressing condolences to the families affected ...
- H.R. 6347 (111th): Holocaust Accountability and Corporate Responsibility Act of 2010
- H.R. 6043 (111th): Gulf Security and Iran Sanctions Enforcement Act
- H.R. 6042 (111th): Dignity for our Nation’s Heroes Act
- H.R. 5884 (111th): Seniors Financial Fraud Prevention Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 302 (111th): Recognizing the 75th anniversary of the signing of the Social Security Act ...
- H.R. 5044 (111th): Medicare Fraud Enforcement and Prevention Act of 2010
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Klein missed 87 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: