Klink, a Democrat, was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 4th congressional district from 1993 to 2000.
Klink is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Klink sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Klink was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2695 (104th): To extend the deadline under the Federal Power Act applicable to the construction of certain hydroelectric projects in the State of Pennsylvania.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Klink sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Klink’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5356 (106th): Dairy Farmer Viability Act
- H.R. 5115 (106th): Same Insurance as Congress Act
- H.R. 5052 (106th): Fairness for Dairy Farmers Act of 2000
- H.R. 5053 (106th): Defense of Children Adoption Act
- H.R. 5054 (106th): Farmland Protection and Sprawl Reduction Act of 2000
- H.R. 4932 (106th): Medikid Health Care Expansion Act of 2000
- H.R. 4933 (106th): Veterans Readjustment Appointments Reauthorization Act of 2000
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2000, Klink missed 340 of 4,863 roll call votes, which is 7.0%. This is much worse than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: