Wright is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wright has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ron Wright sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and Labor
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy, and the Environment
Wright sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wright’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5250: Veterans Back to Work Act of 2019
- H.R. 5081: K-9 Hero Act of 2019
- H.R. 4935: Teleabortion Prevention Act of 2019
- H.R. 3291: SNACKS Act
- H.R. 2962: Traffic Camera Freedom Act of 2019
- H.R. 2963: Traffic Camera Notification Act of 2019
- H.R. 2817: Child Custody Protection Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, Wright missed 137 of 654 roll call votes, which is 20.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: