Wright was the representative for Texas’s 6th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2019 to 2021.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Wright.
Wright is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wright sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Wright sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wright’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 627: Child Custody Protection Act of 2021
- H.R. 626: Teleabortion Prevention Act of 2021
- H.R. 6917 (116th): AIR Security Act
- H.R. 6041 (116th): State and National Guard Fairness Act of 2020
- H.R. 5250 (116th): Veterans Back to Work Act of 2019
- H.R. 5081 (116th): K-9 Hero Act of 2019
- H.R. 4935 (116th): Teleabortion Prevention Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Feb 2021, Wright missed 248 of 985 roll call votes, which is 25.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 2021. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: