Our unique analysis of the bills Machtley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Machtley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Machtley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4707 (103rd): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to make permanent the visa ...
- H.R. 4254 (103rd): Public and Federally Assisted Housing Security Act of 1994
- H.R. 4240 (103rd): To ensure that defense conversion, reinvestment, and transition assistance programs of the ...
- H.R. 4226 (103rd): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to provide for a ...
- H.R. 4171 (103rd): Subcontractor Payment Protection Act
- H.R. 4173 (103rd): To amend the Small Business Act to provide for expanded participation in ...
- H.R. 4175 (103rd): To amend the Small Business Act to provide financial assistance to small ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Nov 1994, Machtley missed 142 of 2,958 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills