Sarasin, a Republican, was the representative for Connecticut's 5th congressional district from 1973 to 1978.
Sarasin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sarasin sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Sarasin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Labor and Employment (34%) Private Legislation (14%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Environmental Protection (8%) Taxation (7%) Social Welfare (7%) Families (7%)
Some of Sarasin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14136 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.Con.Res. 678 (95th): A resolution expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the Baltic ...
- H.R. 10359 (95th): National Product Liability Act
- H.R. 9458 (95th): National Product Liability Act
- H.R. 8894 (95th): Farm Labor Contractor Registration Act Amendments
- H.R. 8668 (95th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act with ...
- H.R. 8669 (95th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act with ...
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1978, Sarasin missed 537 of 3,891 roll call votes, which is 13.8%. This is worse than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills