Our unique analysis of the bills Shows sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shows is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Shows’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5541 (107th): Rejecting Social Security Privatization Act of 2002
- H.Res. 557 (107th): Expressing support for United States forestry, lumber, wood, paper, and allied product ...
- H.R. 5178 (107th): Fair Treatment of Compensation in Bankruptcy Act of 2002
- H.Con.Res. 434 (107th): Expressing the sense of the Congress regarding the economic collapse of WorldCom ...
- H.R. 4898 (107th): To amend the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Act of 1981 to address ...
- H.R. 4897 (107th): To amend of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2002 ...
- H.J.Res. 93 (107th): Federal Marriage amendment
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Nov 2002, Shows missed 90 of 2,210 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: