Read our 2016 Report Card for DeLauro.
Our unique analysis of the bills DeLauro has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DeLauro is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rosa DeLauro sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
DeLauro was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2421 (112th): Layoff Prevention Act of 2011
- H.R. 2941 (111th): To reauthorize and enhance Johanna’s Law to increase public awareness and knowledge with respect to gynecologic cancers.
- H.R. 2997 (111th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
- H.R. 6834 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4 South Main Street in Wallingford, Connecticut, as the “CWO Richard R. Lee Post Office ...
- H.R. 627 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 40 Putnam Avenue in Hamden, Connecticut, as the “Linda White-Epps Post Office”.
- H.J.Res. 149 (102nd): Designating March 1991 and March 1992 both as “Women’s History Month”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
DeLauro sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (35%) Taxation (17%) Labor and Employment (15%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Agriculture and Food (8%) International Affairs (6%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (5%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%)
Some of DeLauro’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 547: To facilitate efficient investments and financing of infrastructure projects and new job creation ...
- H.R. 6501 (114th): Prescription Drug and Medical Device Price Review Board Act of 2016
- H.R. 6330: Naugatuck River Valley National Heritage Area Study Act
- H.R. 5831: To require the Secretary of Transportation to establish and implement a fatigue management ...
- H.R. 5693: Fair Employment Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5692: Equal Employment Opportunity Restoration Act of 2016
- H.R. 5665: Foreign Investment and Economic Security Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|DeLauro’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1991 to Jan 2017, DeLauro missed 257 of 16,951 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 86 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: