Our unique analysis of the bills Blunt has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blunt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Blunt for more statistics.
Roy Blunt sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Joint Committee on the Library
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Vice Chairman, Joint Committee on Printing
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Blunt sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Government Operations and Politics (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Taxation (12%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Environmental Protection (6%) Sports and Recreation (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Blunt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3386: Silver Star Service Banner Day Act
- S. 3279: Vulnerable Children and Families Act of 2016
- S. 3040: Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations ...
- S.Res. 472: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that a carbon tax would ...
- S. 2954: Ste. Genevieve National Historical Park Establishment Act of 2016
- S.Res. 437: A resolution expressing support for the designation of May 1, 2016, as “Silver ...
- S. 2782: Ensuring Children’s Access to Specialty Care Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Blunt missed 72 of 1,633 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: