Read our 2016 Report Card for Blunt.
Our unique analysis of the bills Blunt has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blunt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Roy Blunt sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Joint Committee on the Library
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Vice Chairman, Joint Committee on Printing
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Blunt was the primary sponsor of 14 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 2234 (114th): Office of Strategic Services Congressional Gold Medal Act
- S. 2755 (114th): Fallen Heroes Flag Act of 2016
- S. 2162 (114th): Librarian of Congress Succession Modernization Act of 2015
- S. 1695 (114th): Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
- S. 653 (113th): Near East and South Central Asia Religious Freedom Act of 2014
- S. 1537 (113th): A bill to ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of individuals operating commercial motor vehicles for sleep disorders is ...
- S. 846 (112th): A bill to designate the United States courthouse located at 80 Lafayette Street in Jefferson City, Missouri, as the Christopher S. Bond United States Courthouse.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Blunt sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (25%) Government Operations and Politics (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Taxation (14%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) International Affairs (6%) Sports and Recreation (6%) Education (4%)
Some of Blunt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 438: A bill to encourage effective, voluntary investments to recruit, employ, and retain men ...
- S. 439: A bill to amend part B of title IV of the Social Security ...
- S. 384: New Markets Tax Credit Extension Act of 2017
- S. 374: Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2017
- S. 261: Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act of 2017
- S.Res. 628 (114th): A resolution authorizing the printing of a revised edition of the Senate ...
- S.Res. 622 (114th): A resolution expressing support for the goals of National Adoption Day and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2017, Blunt missed 74 of 1,717 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: