Our unique analysis of the bills Gallego has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gallego is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gallego for more statistics.
Ruben Gallego sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Gallego sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gallego’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6250: To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to allow qualified entrepreneurs to ...
- H.R. 5739: Help End Assault Rifle Tragedies (HEART) Act of 2016
- H.R. 5012: Restoring Respect for Immigrant Service in Uniform Act
- H.Res. 565: Supporting the peace process in Colombia.
- H.R. 4010: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 522 ...
- H.R. 4011: DOCs for Veterans Act of 2015
- H.R. 3965: FAA Community Accountability Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Gallego missed 18 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: