Kihuen was the representative for Nevada’s 4th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2017 to 2018.
On Dec. 15, 2017, the House Committee on Ethics announced that it had begun an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment by Kihuen. On November 16, 2018, the Committee the Committee found that Representative Kihuen made persistent and unwanted advances towards women who were required to interact with him as part of their professional responsibilities. As a result, the Committee voted to adopt the Investigative Subcommittee's report, which along with the Committee's report will serve as a reproval of Kihuen.
|Dec. 15, 2017||House Committee on Ethics opened an investigation|
|Dec. 16, 2017||Kihuen will not seek re-election.|
|Dec. 21, 2017||House Committee on Ethics voted unanimously to establish an Investigative Subcommittee|
|Jan. 2, 2018||House Committee on Ethics named members of the Investigative Subcommittee|
|Nov. 15, 2018||House Committee on Ethics voted to adopt the Investigative Subcommittee's report, which along with the Committee's report will serve as a reproval of Kihuen.|
Read our 2018 Report Card for Kihuen.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kihuen was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5205 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 701 6th Street in Hawthorne, Nevada, as the “Sergeant Kenneth Eric Bostic Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kihuen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kihuen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5205 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4281: Expanding Access to Capital for Rural Job Creators Act
- H.R. 3636 (115th): Educator Preparation Reform Act
- H.R. 3343: Servicemember Voting Protection Act
- H.R. 3078: Iran Ballistic Missile Reporting Act of 2017
- H.R. 2374: Eastern Nevada Economic Development and Land Management Improvement Act
- H.R. 2102: More JOBS for Rural Areas Act
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2018, Kihuen missed 31 of 1,210 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: