Read our 2014 Report Card for Holt.
Our unique analysis of the bills Holt sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Holt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Holt was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2000 (111th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Dr. Muhammad Yunus, in recognition of his contributions to the fight against global poverty.
- H.R. 1694 (111th): Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Protection Act
- H.R. 146 (111th): Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009
- H.R. 1801 (110th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Dr. Muhammad Yunus, in recognition of his contributions to the fight against global poverty.
- H.R. 867 (108th): For the relief of Durreshahwar Durreshahwar, Nida Hasan, Asna Hasan, Anum Hasan, and Iqra Hasan.
- H.R. 3248 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 65 North Main Street in Cranbury, New Jersey, as the “Todd Beamer Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Holt sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (25%) Taxation (19%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Environmental Protection (12%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Labor and Employment (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%) Health (6%)
Some of Holt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5741 (113th): Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act of 2014
- H.R. 5704 (113th): Master Teacher Corps Act
- H.Res. 624 (113th): Recognizing the 350th anniversary of the founding of New Jersey and honoring ...
- H.Res. 587 (113th): Expressing support for internal rebuilding, resettlement, accountability, and reconciliation within Sri Lanka ...
- H.Res. 467 (113th): Expressing support for designation of February 12, 2014, as “Darwin Day” and ...
- H.Con.Res. 76 (113th): Recognizing the significance of the anniversary of the American Association for the ...
- H.R. 3780 (113th): Ocean Energy Safety and Technology Improvement Act of 2013
|Holt’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 5021 (113th): Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
Jul 15, 2014. Passed 367/55.
H.R. 2278 (112th): To limit the use of funds appropriated to the Department of Defense for United States Armed Forces ...
Jun 24, 2011. Failed 180/238.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2014, Holt missed 268 of 10,986 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 128 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: