Fulcher is the representative for Idaho’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Fulcher is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Fulcher.
Fulcher is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fulcher has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Russ Fulcher sits on the following committees:
Fulcher sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fulcher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8355: Next Generation Nuclear Advancement Act of 2020
- H.Res. 1126: Recognizing and supporting the goals and ideals of National Forensic Science Week.
- H.R. 7454: Treating Tribes and Counties as Good Neighbors Act
- H.Res. 1013: Resolving that jurisdictions seeking to dismantle or reduce funding for the jurisdiction’s police ...
- H.R. 7247: Integrated Energy Systems Act of 2020
- H.R. 6169: Modernizing Access to Our Public Land Act
- H.Res. 572: Recognizing and supporting the goals and ideals of “National Forensic Science Week”.
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2020, Fulcher missed 14 of 919 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: