Our unique analysis of the bills Costello has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Costello is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Costello for more statistics.
Ryan Costello sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Costello sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Costello’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5814: Match Veterans to Student Loan Protections Act
- H.R. 5663: Four C’s for Careers Act
- H.R. 5190: State Outreach for Local Veterans Employment Act of 2016
- H.R. 3936: Veteran Engagement Teams Act
- H.R. 1067: U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Reform Act
- H.R. 1038: Ensuring VA Employee Accountability Act
- H.Res. 112: Supporting the goals and ideals of the Secondary School Student Athletes’ Bill of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Costello missed 8 of 1,259 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: