Our unique analysis of the bills Costello has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Costello is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Costello for more statistics.
Ryan Costello sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Costello sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Costello’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5814: Match Veterans to Student Loan Protections Act
- H.R. 5663: Four C’s for Careers Act
- H.R. 5190: State Outreach for Local Veterans Employment Act of 2016
- H.R. 3936: Veteran Engagement Teams Act
- H.R. 1067: U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Reform Act
- H.R. 1038: Ensuring VA Employee Accountability Act
- H.Res. 112: Supporting the goals and ideals of the Secondary School Student Athletes’ Bill of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Costello’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5538: Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
Jul 14, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1927: Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act of 2015
Jan 8, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2577: Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Jun 9, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Costello missed 16 of 1,311 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: