Rep. Sala Burton
Former Representative from California's 5th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
California's 5th District
See Also: Bioguide
Burton was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Burton’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Burton’s bills had a total of 199 cosponsors in the 99th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Burton to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Burton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 704 (99th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to proclaim the ...
- H.Res. 521 (99th): A resolution waiving certain points of order against consideration of the bill ...
- H.Res. 516 (99th): A resolution waiving certain points of order against consideration of the bill ...
- H.Res. 483 (99th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H. R. 4259) ...
- H.Res. 458 (99th): A resolution waiving certain points of order against the conference report on ...
- H.Res. 429 (99th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 3302) to ...
- H.R. 4446 (99th): A bill for the relief of Henry David Brimmer.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 1983 to Jan 1987, Burton missed 258 of 1,585 roll call votes, which is 16.3%. This is worse than the median of 5.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 1987. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills