Carbajal is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Carbajal has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 1, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Salud Carbajal sits on the following committees:
Carbajal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (35%) Environmental Protection (19%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Housing and Community Development (9%) Immigration (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Education (7%) Private Legislation (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Carbajal recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1213: Expressing support for the designation of July 2022 as “American Grown Flower and …
- H.R. 7880: Degrees Not Debt Act of 2022
- H.R. 5748: Childcare Expansion for Military Families Act of 2021
- H.R. 5329: Small Passenger Vessel Liability Fairness Act of 2021
- H.Res. 542: Expressing support for the designation of July 2021 as “American Grown Flower and …
- H.R. 4503: Home for the Brave Act of 2021
- H.R. 4446: National Infrastructure Investment Corporation Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2022, Carbajal missed 34 of 2,912 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: