Read our 2018 Report Card for Carbajal.
Carbajal is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Carbajal has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Salud Carbajal sits on the following committees:
- Vice Chair, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
Carbajal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (23%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Housing and Community Development (9%) Private Legislation (9%)
Some of Carbajal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4191: Home for the Brave Act of 2019
- H.R. 3541: Coastal State Climate Preparedness Act of 2019
- H.R. 2947: Veterans’ Record Reconstruction Act of 2019
- H.Res. 379: Expressing support for the designation of July as “American Grown Flower Month”.
- H.R. 2470: Clean Water Infrastructure Resilience and Sustainability Act
- H.R. 2449: Railroad Yardmaster Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 2448: Ocean Acidification Research Partnerships Act
From Jan 2017 to Sep 2019, Carbajal missed 29 of 1,745 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: