Read our 2018 Report Card for Carbajal.
Carbajal is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Carbajal has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 3, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Salud Carbajal sits on the following committees:
- Vice Chair, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
Carbajal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (21%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Transportation and Public Works (12%) Education (12%) Private Legislation (8%) Energy (8%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%)
Some of Carbajal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5170: Safe Skies Act of 2019
- H.R. 4780: National Infrastructure Investment Corporation Act of 2019
- H.R. 4638: Degrees Not Debt Act of 2019
- H.R. 4603: Leveraging Opportunities for Americans Now Act of 2019
- H.R. 4191: Home for the Brave Act of 2019
- H.R. 3541: Coastal State Climate Preparedness Act of 2019
- H.R. 2947: Veterans’ Record Reconstruction Act of 2019
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2019, Carbajal missed 29 of 1,857 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: