Read our 2018 Report Card for Carbajal.
Carbajal is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Carbajal has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 17, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Salud Carbajal sits on the following committees:
- Vice Chair, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
Carbajal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (21%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Agriculture and Food (11%) Energy (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Government Operations and Politics (11%)
Some of Carbajal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 379: Expressing support for the designation of July as “American Grown Flower Month”.
- H.R. 2470: Clean Water Infrastructure Resilience and Sustainability Act
- H.R. 2449: Railroad Yardmaster Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 2448: Ocean Acidification Research Partnerships Act
- H.R. 2330: To authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to Colonel Philip ...
- H.R. 2199: Central Coast Heritage Protection Act
- H.R. 1871: Protect Patriot Parents Act
From Jan 2017 to May 2019, Carbajal missed 29 of 1,427 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: