Read our 2016 Report Card for Farr.
Farr is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Farr sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Farr was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 272 (113th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense joint outpatient clinic to be constructed in Marina, California, as the “Major General William H. Gourley ...
- H.R. 3641 (112th): Pinnacles National Park Act
- H.R. 1446 (108th): California Missions Preservation Act
- H.R. 4750 (107th): Big Sur Wilderness and Conservation Act of 2002
- H.R. 1950 (106th): To amend the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 to improve the farmland protection program.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Farr sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Farr’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5797 (114th): California Seamounts and Ridges National Marine Conservation Area Designation and Management Act
- H.J.Res. 94 (114th): Conferring honorary citizenship of the United States on Staff Sergeant Laszlo Holovits, ...
- H.R. 2717 (114th): Federal Ocean Acidification Research and Monitoring Act of 2015
- H.R. 1838 (114th): Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act
- H.R. 5541 (113th): Exercise and Fitness For All Act
- H.R. 5545 (113th): To reauthorize the Federal Ocean Acidification Research and Monitoring Act of 2009.
- H.Res. 324 (113th): Expressing support for designation of the week of September 22, 2013, through ...
|Farr’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
Sep 12, 2012. Passed 355/62.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3630 (112th): Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012
Feb 17, 2012. Passed 293/132.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Jun 1993 to Dec 2016, Farr missed 463 of 15,731 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: