Read our 2016 Report Card for Farr.
Farr is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Farr sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Farr was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 272 (113th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense joint outpatient clinic to be constructed in Marina, California, as the “Major General William H. Gourley ...
- H.R. 3641 (112th): Pinnacles National Park Act
- H.R. 1171 (112th): Marine Debris Act Amendments of 2012
- H.R. 1446 (108th): California Missions Preservation Act
- H.R. 4750 (107th): Big Sur Wilderness and Conservation Act of 2002
- H.R. 1950 (106th): To amend the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 to improve the farmland protection program.
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Farr sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Farr’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5797 (114th): California Seamounts and Ridges National Marine Conservation Area Designation and Management Act
- H.J.Res. 94 (114th): Conferring honorary citizenship of the United States on Staff Sergeant Laszlo Holovits, ...
- H.R. 2717 (114th): Federal Ocean Acidification Research and Monitoring Act of 2015
- H.R. 1838 (114th): Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act
- H.R. 5541 (113th): Exercise and Fitness For All Act
- H.R. 5545 (113th): To reauthorize the Federal Ocean Acidification Research and Monitoring Act of 2009.
- H.Res. 324 (113th): Expressing support for designation of the week of September 22, 2013, through ...
From Jun 1993 to Dec 2016, Farr missed 463 of 15,731 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: