Our unique analysis of the bills Hall sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hall is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hall was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1890 (99th): A bill to provide for an equitable waiver in the compromise and collection of Federal claims.
- H.R. 5189 (98th): A bill to amend section 3056 of title 18, United States Code, to update the authorities of the United States Secret Service, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 597 (98th): A bill to amend sections 2733, 2734, and 2736 of title 10, United States Code and section 715 of title 32, United States Code, to increase the ...
- H.R. 3927 (98th): A bill for the relief of Kenneth L. Perrin.
- H.R. 3922 (98th): Postal Savings System Statute of Limitations Act
- H.R. 596 (98th): A bill to transfer responsibility for furnishing certified copies of Miller Act payment bonds from the Comptroller General to the officer that awarded the contract for which ...
- H.R. 2479 (98th): An act to amend the Act of March 3, 1869, incorporating the Masonic Relief Association of the District of Columbia, now known as Acacia Mutual Life Insurance ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hall sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (34%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Private Legislation (12%) Law (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Taxation (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Immigration (5%)
Some of Hall’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2459 (99th): A bill to amend the Act entitled “An Act granting a charter ...
- H.R. 2153 (99th): A bill to authorize appropriations for the Administrative Conference of the United ...
- H.R. 1890 (99th): A bill to provide for an equitable waiver in the compromise and ...
- H.R. 1620 (99th): A bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to facilitate undocumented ...
- H.R. 1217 (99th): Farm Credit Private Control Restoration Act of 1985
- H.R. 443 (99th): Prison Employment Security Act of 1985
- H.R. 439 (99th): A bill to amend title 28, United States Code, to provide for ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 1976 to May 1985, Hall missed 242 of 4,969 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is on par with the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 1985. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills