Our unique analysis of the bills Brownback sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brownback is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brownback was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1937 (111th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a 5-year carryback of operating losses, and for other purposes.
- S. 1835 (111th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow 5-year carryback of operating losses, and for other purposes.
- S. 1567 (111th): Multinational Species Conservation Funds Semipostal Stamp Act of 2009
- S. 1065 (111th): Iran Sanctions Enabling Act of 2009
- S. 1810 (110th): Prenatally and Postnatally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act
- S. 2675 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 West Greenway Street in Derby, Kansas, as the “Sergeant Jamie O. Maugans ...
- S. 193 (109th): Broadcast Decency Enforcement Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Brownback sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (37%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) International Affairs (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Health (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Law (8%)
Some of Brownback’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 694 (111th): A resolution condemning the Government of Iran for its state-sponsored persecution of ...
- S. 3974 (111th): Vietnam Human Rights Sanctions Act
- S.Con.Res. 73 (111th): A concurrent resolution honoring the life of Dr. Ronald W. Walters and ...
- S. 3904 (111th): High Plains Groundwater Resource Conservation Act
- S. 15 (111th): Global Forest Restoration Investment Tax Credit Act
- S.Con.Res. 72 (111th): A concurrent resolution recognizing the 45th anniversary of the White House Fellows ...
- S. 3697 (111th): Creating Hope Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2010, Brownback missed 248 of 4,590 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: