Coppersmith was the representative for Arizona’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1993 to 1994.
Coppersmith is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Coppersmith sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Coppersmith sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Coppersmith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4478 (103rd): U.S. Colonias Water Pollution Control Act
- H.R. 4479 (103rd): U.S.-Mexico Border Water Pollution Control Act
- H.R. 4258 (103rd): Home Worker Tax Relief Act of 1994
- H.R. 3629 (103rd): Postal Service Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1993
- H.R. 2365 (103rd): Breeder Reactor Termination Act of 1993
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, Coppersmith missed 22 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: