Adams, a Republican, was the representative for Florida’s 24th congressional district from 2011 to 2012.
Adams is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Adams sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Adams sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Adams’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6185 (112th): Local Courthouse Safety Act of 2012
- H.R. 4970 (112th): Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012
- H.Con.Res. 110 (112th): Expressing the sense of Congress that the President should not interpret or ...
- H.R. 3991 (112th): Keep Employees’ Emails and Phones Secure Act
- H.R. 2712 (112th): Shuttle Workforce Revitalization Act of 2011
- H.R. 1571 (112th): Combating Dangerous Synthetic Stimulants Act of 2011
- H.R. 973 (112th): To amend title 28, United States Code, to prevent the misuse of ...
|Adams’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Adams missed 0 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: