Read our 2016 Report Card for Bishop.
Our unique analysis of the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bishop is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sanford Bishop Jr. sits on the following committees:
Bishop was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1941 (112th): Hiring Heroes Act of 2011
- H.R. 6859 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1501 South Slappey Boulevard in Albany, Georgia, as the “Dr. Walter Carl Gordon, Jr. Post ...
- H.J.Res. 70 (110th): Congratulating the Army Reserve on its centennial, which will be formally celebrated on April 23, 2008, and commemorating the historic contributions of its veterans and continuing contributions ...
- H.R. 4692 (107th): To amend the Act entitled “An Act to authorize the Establishment of the Andersonville National Historic Site in the State of Georgia, and for other purposes”, to ...
- H.R. 1432 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3698 Inner Perimeter Road in Valdosta, Georgia, as the “Major Lyn McIntosh Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Bishop sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 538: Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act of 2017
- H.R. 333: Disabled Veterans Tax Termination Act
- H.R. 5561 (114th): Max Cleland Congressional Gold Medal Act of 2016
- H.R. 5248 (114th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the eligibility of ...
- H.R. 482 (114th): Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park Boundary Revision Act of 2016
- H.R. 333 (114th): Disabled Veterans Tax Termination Act
- H.Res. 674 (113th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that sedentary lifestyles are ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Bishop’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed 247/178.
The Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 (IAA), H.R. 2596, was passed by the House on June 16. The IAA would authorize funding for intelligence-related agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was passed ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
From Jan 1993 to Feb 2017, Bishop missed 625 of 16,059 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 89 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: