Our unique analysis of the bills Brown sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brown is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brown sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (26%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Taxation (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Health (9%) Immigration (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Education (9%)
Some of Brown’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3662 (112th): Lieutenant Ryan Patrick Jones Post Office Designation Act
- S. 3489 (112th): Good Neighbor Social Security Office and Community Protection Act of 2012
- S. 3490 (112th): SAVE Elders Act of 2012
- S. 3324 (112th): Housing for Families of Ill and Injured Veterans Act of 2012
- S. 3294 (112th): SAVE Elders Act of 2012
- S. 3283 (112th): Ending Housing Discrimination Against Servicemembers and Veterans Act of 2012
- S. 3273 (112th): Youth Summer Jobs Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 2010 to Jan 2013, Brown missed 4 of 765 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: