Read our 2018 Report Card for DesJarlais.
DesJarlais is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DesJarlais has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 19, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Scott DesJarlais sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence and Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Member, Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
DesJarlais sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DesJarlais’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1341: To designate the Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Facility Expansion of the Department ...
- H.R. 1157: Horse Protection Amendments Act
- H.R. 1124: Preventing Future Shutdowns Act of 2019
- H.R. 143: James K. Polk Presidential Home Study Act
- H.R. 6911: To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to prohibit the enforcement of certain ...
- H.R. 2634: To designate the Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Facility Expansion of the Department ...
- H.R. 1632: Protecting Foods and Beverages from Government Attack Act of 2017
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2019, DesJarlais missed 306 of 5,841 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: