2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for DesJarlais »
Our unique analysis of the bills DesJarlais has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DesJarlais is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Scott DesJarlais sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Health Care, Benefits and Administrative Rules
DesJarlais sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DesJarlais’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4105: Horse Protection Amendments Act of 2015
- H.R. 3769: James K. Polk Presidential Home Study Act
- H.R. 3115: Enhancing Safety at Military Installations Act
- H.R. 3073: SAFE Act of 2015
- H.R. 2874: Andrew P. Carpenter Tax Act
- H.Res. 323: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Government of Mexico ...
- H.R. 1440: To amend the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 to treat employment ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, DesJarlais missed 189 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: