Read our 2019 Report Card for DesJarlais.
DesJarlais is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DesJarlais has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 13, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Scott DesJarlais sits on the following committees:
DesJarlais sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DesJarlais’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6970: PROVIDE Act
- H.R. 5381: International Pharmaceutical Transparency Act of 2019
- H.R. 5228: To direct the Comptroller General of the United States to conduct a study ...
- H.R. 4337: Property Rights for Patriots Act
- H.R. 1341: To designate the Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Facility Expansion of the Department ...
- H.R. 1157: Horse Protection Amendments Act
- H.R. 1124: Preventing Future Shutdowns Act of 2019
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2020, DesJarlais missed 321 of 6,184 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: