Our unique analysis of the bills DesJarlais has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). DesJarlais is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for DesJarlais for more statistics.
Scott DesJarlais sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Health Care, Benefits and Administrative Rules
DesJarlais sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DesJarlais’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4105: Horse Protection Amendments Act of 2015
- H.R. 3769: James K. Polk Presidential Home Study Act
- H.R. 3115: Enhancing Safety at Military Installations Act
- H.R. 3073: SAFE Act of 2015
- H.R. 2874: Andrew P. Carpenter Tax Act
- H.Res. 323: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Government of Mexico ...
- H.R. 1440: To amend the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 to treat employment ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|DesJarlais’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 305: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Jun 11, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, DesJarlais missed 231 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: